Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's your fave god/ goddess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isis is so cool.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my top ten:

1. Isis
2. Amun Ra
3. Osiris
4. Horus
5. Hathor
6. Sekhmet
7. Bast
8. Mut
9. Anubis
10.Hapy
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool They are all neat Gods or Goddess. Bast is awsome also.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nephthys is so awesome...I wish Egyptian mythology included her a bit more.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does always seem to be over shadowed by her sister. I still love Isis more though! Nephthys does have important roles though, but usually along with Isis (as protector of the dead, in ressurecting Osiris etc). She was also the mother of Anubis, and in some legends the reason Set turned against Osiris. (Because she tricked Osiris into sleeping with her - producing Anubis).
Hydarnes
Servant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amun(/-Ra), hands down.

Like no other deity he rose to inimitable prominence as king of all the gods. His priesthood was disgustingly rich, not to mention immensely powerful, and his high priests wielded power that nearly rivaled the Pharaohs.

No other cult or priesthood came close to that of Amun's. Not even Akhenaten could stop his overriding might, and the heretic king's legacy was punished with eternal infamy and disgrace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZericsKirog
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Anubis??? It is my favorite....
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Isis out of that list. But otherwise, I like Maat.(Duh! Rolling Eyes )
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing Qebehsenuef! Sure- he is stuffed with colon and lower intestines, but just look at his face *ahhhhh!* and his amazing name- it means he who cools his brothers!

If I had to choose a favourite god it would have to be Thoth. He is the wife of Ma'at and was self-created. He is the head of cosmic order and in my opinion the most important of all the gods. He invented writing, mathematics and science, and he wrote the book of the dead.
For all you Goths out there it was he who invented the hermetic arts in the first place- you should be worshiping him! He was the father of Amun, and is portrayed as an ibis because they look a bit like scribes, they sort of dip their beaks in and out of the water- cool!
Furthermore, when Ra collapsed after Sekhmet went mad, Thoth took over as ruler of the gods, and master of Heka.

You see Thoth rules!!!
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth was one of the first gods I learned about. Then I came across anubis and he became my favorite god.
Maya
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Sekhmet Reply with quote

I don't have a favorite goddess. Sekhmet is the one I identify the most with. Having an eternal hunger nothing can quinch. That's me all over.
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading an interesting article the other day (cant remember what website though so sorry) which suggested that all of the gods and goddesses in the Egyptian Pantheon were actually the various incarnations of a sole deity (as it is in Hindu belief). The articale suggested that this was why the attributes of various gods were combined to make new Gods and also why each God is depicted in a very stylistically similar way (with a certain rare few exceptions). What do you all think?
Isis
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my two favorite Gods and Goddesses are Isis and Ra. I like them the best for some unknown reason, maybe it's that i like the sun and believe in magic.
Niankhkhnum
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bast, in honor of my two elderly companion cats. Khnum, who has fascinated me since 1990 when I visited his temple in Esna....Also, Min ...uh...never mind why. Confused Embarassed

Fondly,

Niankhkhnum

Last edited by Niankhkhnum on Tue May 17, 2005 5:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min? tut tut tut! (lol, see the pun!!!) I dont even want to know why you love Min so much! Remember to eat a lot of lettuce though (nudge nudge) lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: