Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The curse
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hpzine
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: The curse Reply with quote

I beleave that there is a real curse i beleave the king wanted the body and all of the his stuff to stay with him and he be left alone he could have came back as a demon killing people so his body could rest in peace and undisturbed anyone else beleave this?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Ankhesenpa-aten
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...no, sorry, but that boarders just a little too far into superstition and nonsesnse for me....
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea
Sisetekh
Servant

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: The curse Reply with quote

hpzine wrote:
I beleave that there is a real curse i beleave the king wanted the body and all of the his stuff to stay with him and he be left alone he could have came back as a demon killing people so his body could rest in peace and undisturbed anyone else beleave this?

You didn't exactly specify what curse you're talking about, but are you referring to the "curse" of King Tutankhamun? Because from what I've learned (although Tutankhamun never really interested me personally), the people who died "from the curse" all died seperately, of different maladies, and at completely different times. So, hardly a curse.
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Think of all the mummies and tombs found and how those people did not just die after finding the tomb.There has been many tombs and few believed curses.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it was quite common to see curses in most tombs, but they usually ran something like "if you enter this tomb with an evil heart, may you be eaten by crocodiles".
The curse that everyone talks about--that associated with the tomb of Tutankhamen--just does not exist. Both a papyrus and a carving found in the tomb cursed anyone who violated the tomb. But both the papyrus and the carving simply was not there--the curse was a figment of an English newspaper reporter who was trying to think of a new "slant" for his paper. It actually came to be quite rediculous--people who's relatives where known to have visited the tomb, and the relatives died--were victums of the curse! The death of Lord Carnavron seems to have been the apex of the innuendo--dying from an insect bite was so blase'--it had to be something supernateral!
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Yeah there have been curses like you said, but I mean there has not been many where people Rolling Eyes supposly die after entering a cursed tomb.
Tash
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

this like everything else is a valid thought, everybody has their own. and the whole curse thing, do we really expect every person who finds a tomb to live forever?

The little ones are Chewy
Tash
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry about that post people im still trying to comprehend this quote thingie.

The little ones are Chewy
thepharohsgod
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: curses? Reply with quote

so whats this about curses?
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh. Thing is, the curse is getting real old real fast. If someone knew how to come back as a demon, we'd all be doing it. Right? I seriously doubt anyone can come back from the dead, 'cept by a miracle. And a curse ain't no miracle.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody watch the show on the history channel Monday night? It was about the King Tut curse. If you are interested in the curse it would have been a good show to watch.
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I always miss those shows. We have Comcast so we have like 3 history channels but theyre never on!
ZericsKirog
Servant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: The curse Reply with quote

That ture. Tutankhamen made curse to the people who enter his tomb. I think that Tut was anger why they put his things away from him. That's why Tut is anger killed to them. He did kill the dog and the child... I believe the curse. I dont know how been the curse come from...That's good question...
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But a dog , why would he be mad at a dog?If for some reason the curse is real (which I do not believe it is) wouldn't Tutankhamun kill the main people who discovered his tomb ~for say~ Howard Carter? Why would Tutankhamun curse a dog when the prime suspect who found and cleared his tomb was walking around healthy , and even opening his coffin. But , I may be wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: