Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tut info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniellesad6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: tut info Reply with quote

I have a big project on Tut due on 11/04/02 and need some ideas. Can anyone help Me by giving me ideas?

Thank-You ,
Daniellesad6 Rolling Eyes Laughing Confused Laughing Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what do you want to base the prject on? Any particular aspect of Tutankhamen's life, or is just an all-around Tutankhamen project?

Here's what I can tell you about Pharaoh Tutankhamen...

Tutankhamen was the son of Pharaoh Akhenaten and maybe his second wife, Kiya, but no one knows for certain. When Tut's father died, Tutankhamen's older brother, Smenkhkhare, ruled for about three years. After that, an unknown person, named Neferneferaten, ruled for around two years. Then Tutankhamen ruled. He began ruling when he was only 9 years of age. He married his half sister, Ankhensenpaaten. They both changed their names soon after Tutankhamen began ruling because it contained the name Aten, which was the god that Akhenaten made all the people worship. Akhenaten had closed all the temples to the other gods and made a new capital city, Akhetaten. When Tutankhamen began ruling he moved the capital back to Thebes and opened all the temples. To show the people of Egypt that he wouldn't be like his father, he changed his name from Tutankhaten, meaning "The image of the Aten" to Tutankhamen, "Image of Amun." Ankhensenpaaten changed her name to Ankhsenamun.

Tutankhamen didn't rule very long, only 10 years. He died when he was 19. According to X-rays of his scull he sufferd a blow to the back of the head, one that could have been fatal. So many people now think that Tutankhamen was murdered. By whom? The most likely suspects are Aye, Tutankhamen's Vizier, and Horemheb, the Army General.

Tutankhamen didn't have any children, so there wasn't anyone to rule after him. Aye took on the throne. He was the brother of Queen Tye, Tutankhamen's Grandmother, and brother of Queen Nefertiti, the first Queen of Akhenaten and Tutankhamen's "Step-Mom."

In 1922 A.D. the British Excavator Howard Carter discovered Tutankhamen's tomb in the Valley of the Kings, which was across the river from Thebes, or modern-day Luxor. It was the first tomb found almost completely intact, containing almost all of its original burial goods.

-Akhenaten-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: tut info Reply with quote

Daniellesad6 wrote:
I have a big project on Tut due on 11/04/02 and need some ideas. Can anyone help Me by giving me ideas?

Thank-You ,
use yahooligans.com and tour egypt.com and geocities.com Arrow Idea Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: tut info Reply with quote

Daniellesad6 wrote:

Thank-You ,
Embarassed Razz Twisted Evil Idea Question Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Shocked Smile [img][/img]
Dark_Meryetamun_28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are tons of places that have discussions about his life and death here. Try the one in Queens of Egypt. It's 5 pgs long!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: