Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egypt is such a land of interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weird Guy Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Egypt is such a land of interest Reply with quote

You know what I think? I think Tutankhamun was assassinated because of all his gold he has. What I don't get though is that he was the pharoah of Egypt! Egypt of all places. Egypt is a great place, and Cairo is a big City. I know this because I read it. There are so many silly people in this world that don't read! HA!
Anyway, he was their leader thing (a pharoah what a silly name heh), so why did they kill their own leader? Maybe it wasnt egypt!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...no comment.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, weird things used to happen in Cairo even in the 1300s BC... Razz Razz Razz
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I fully understood what you were 'trying' to say, but then again I don't think anyone did.
Ramses
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Cairo the city of Memphis? Laughing
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cairo is near Memphis, but it's not the same city.
Neith
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One part of Cairo used to be an ancient Egyptian town - Heliopolis or Iunu, in Egyptian, I guess.
<i>"Sorry, did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."</i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why when howard carter and a guy discovered king tut's tomb a few years later the guy and his family started dying????????????? i dont understand it is it curse or coincedence? i think it's a curse because I watched a video about king tuts tomb and it said "anyone who takes any of my things will die!"[/quote][/u]
Neith
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no curse, it was only a creation of some journalists.
<i>"Sorry, did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."</i>
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the city was Iunu, but I'm not sure. I thought that Heliopolis was farther south, but don't take my word for it! I'm at work so I don't have a map!
Neith
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Heliopolis is the Greek name for Iunu, Iunu is Egyptian and On is Coptic. But I may be mistaken.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
why when howard carter and a guy discovered king tut's tomb a few years later the guy and his family started dying????????????? i dont understand it is it curse or coincedence? i think it's a curse because I watched a video about king tuts tomb and it said "anyone who takes any of my things will die!"

Stay on topic here...there is already a topic for this. And, I'm sorry, I HAD to edit your HTML, I can't leave it like that...pet peeve of mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Iunu, Heliopolis, On Reply with quote

Neith wrote:
I think Heliopolis is the Greek name for Iunu, Iunu is Egyptian and On is Coptic. But I may be mistaken.

Your thinking right in that Heliopolis is Greek for Iunu.
On is the nome Iunu is in.
Nome means province.
King Menes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you got things a little mixed up. King Tut had just as much gold as any other pharaoh before and after him. He was just had the only tomb that wasn't plundered by grave robbers. Thats why he's famouse. And what makes you think he wasn't their king? He was buried in the valley of the kings and he had his tomb built like any other pharaoh. Yeah I guess pharaoh is a preety funny name because it meens palace in their language

Alex (King Memes)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: