Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Animal mummies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amel
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Animal mummies Reply with quote

Hello every1, I'm searching for books or articles regarding egyptian animal mummies. I know there was one article in the National Geographic several months ago, but apart from that, where can I find anything? Does anyone have some e-books or scans of books/articles or know a good webpage with them? I'm not from the USA, so it's hard to find any to just buy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Anubis2001
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you like to know about the mummies? Please, i would love to help if you have any questions. You could start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_mummies

Also, check out this site too. Wink

Anubis2001
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in Egypt over 15 years ago I visited a site - mostly conventional animal mummies but there was a snake that looked like a walking stick.
Amel
Servant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Anubis2001 Smile, but it's not like I can use Wikipedia. I also don't search for a particluar information - I need some general infos for the conference. Anyway, thank you for your reply, really Smile , 'cause almost no one seems to care. Recently, I've found some books about this subject, so the only one left which would suit my dreams Wink would be "Divine creatures" written by Salima Ikram. I've found an online preview, but unfortunately it's not a complete book. I cannot buy it via the net (too expensive + too short time) so I'm searching for complete e-books or scans now. Wish me good luck ^^'
Anubis2001
Servant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: