Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pharohs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Tut murdered himself...the timing seemed so odd. I mean, he's finally old enough to rule for himself, and here he suddenly dies. What? Suicide? Right when he can get back at the people he doesn't like,; and have true power? I don't think so. I imagine that Horemheb, having experience in strategy (him being a general) going over and getting rid of Tut, so no little children will come up, and then twiddling his thumbs waiting for Aye to croak.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is more likely that either Horemheb or Ay had him murdered just as he was beginning to realise the extent of his power and beginning to exercise it. Perhaps his decisions were interefering with plans that Ay or Horemheb had.
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, although this suicide theory might not be true, maybe I'll use it in a short story -- a boy, who has grown up believing in a god then forced to worship another... wanting to turn back to the god he has known since childhood but facing the possibility that he might ruin his country if does that... enough to drive someone to suicide, isn't it?
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, this was my 100th post! Smile try to stop me when I begin to talk about Egypt... Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was murdered because some other high rulers didn't think he could handel the jobof pharaoh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: