Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imhotep's tomb...(?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will they find Imhotep at last?
Of course, eventually! ^__^
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Nah, it's not time yet...I think. O_o
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Sure, if they set thier minds to it! ^__^;
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Tutness...beat yer boredom someplace else!! >_<
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM is right, guys. Let's get back on track. ^__^;

Ok, did anyone hear any news on the Imhotep dig? Shocked Meaning, if they resumed the dig yet? I just can't wait till they find him! Laughing You know how impatient I can get!

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

kmt_sesh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is long belated, but topic please.

You're right, and I'm guiltier than most...as usual. As my grade school teachers used to write on my report cards: "easily distracted." I had to look to see what the original topic was to begin with. My apologies. Very Happy
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to do a little more digging on the subject of Imhotep's tomb to try to get our dicsussion back on track, but it may not be tonight. The subject is what attracted me in the first place because Imhotep is one of my favorite personalities from ancient Egypt.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I'm giving up on this. A year or so ago I watched some television special on the hunt for Imhotep's tomb and the likeliest places they expect it to be, but could not find any good or at least current information about it on the internet. I kept coming across ridiculous theories based on Imhotep and the biblical Joseph being the same person, and I grew too weary of seeing that silly poo. So if anyone finds reliable information on the hunt for this tomb, please feel free to enlighten me!
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psusennes I wrote:
Just make something up to terrify them!

That's what I do, and try to conceal some real facts in with fun as well. Little children always get excited to hear how the Egyptians stored organs inside pots, and had their brains drained through their noses.

then they spend several years in a comprehensive school & the same thing happens to them.
Shepeskaf the Cool
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Tutness_is_here wrote:
LOL I don't think our curators would look too kindly upon me for rigging Harwa's 2600-year-old eyelids to pop open. I'm afraid it shall remain a fantasy of mine.

Very Happy

One of the munnies in the british museum was almost perfectly wrapped except for 1 big toe, as kids we used to stare at this toe hoping for it to move. Unfortunately the toe started to disintegrate & is no longer there.
Meresankh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is an update but see for yourself
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dare say that one day they will find Imohoteps tomb as Egypt has only given up a fraction of its secrets.

But what if the tomb is empty of his remains?

Surely that would give the theorist of the bibical Joseph and Imohotep nexus new ammunition to fuel their argument that they are one and the same?
Mick
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to find info on this dig for imhotep...just cant seem to find anything.

is there any latest news on this. it would be great if they found him. i think this imhotep will remain a mystery. this man has alot of answers for us all.

cant wait for the day to come when or if they find his tomb and everything left in place, undisturbed by anybody. i know the polish archaeologist was Excavating but heard nothing since. his name im sure you all know is Karol Mysliwiec.
[/url]
Meresankh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It seems to have gone quiet on the Egyptian front. I'm hoping to hear something about the pyramid they discovered recently but it's all gone quiet.
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like we are going to have to wait 5yrs or so Rolling Eyes

The Saqqara Geophysical Survey Project may be on the verge of discovering the remains of Imhotep, the architect of the Step Pyramid.

Project Director Ian Mathieson said, ‘We’ve now found two large tombs where we think Imhotep could be. The largest tomb is around 90 metres long by 50 metres wide. The walls are more than five metres thick.

‘The second tomb is next to it, and is about 70 metres long by 50 metres wide. It has a complicated internal structure which suggests a courtyard or temple.

‘The tombs dwarf everything in the area. A person of Imhotep’s importance could have commanded the artisans and labour needed to build his own tomb on this kind of scale.

‘All the information we have points to this being the most probable place he could be.’

The next step should be an excavation to look for Imhotep’s mummy. However, due to the sensitive nature of the area, there is a ban on excavation work for the next five years.

http://www.pyramidofman.com/blog/pyramid-architects-final-resting-place/

Last edited by Mick on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meresankh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The next step should be an excavation to look for Imhotep’s mummy. However, due to the sensitive nature of the area, there is a ban on excavation work for the next five years.

That's very frustrating. Thanks for the update, Mick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: