Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True face of king tut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Coffee Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6th Hauraki
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: True face of king tut Reply with quote

Hi while looking around i found more than one reconstruction of tuts face both looking different as the nose ears and hair and eyebrows skin colour can never be proven 100% right I made my own hybrid from the two and the whoops fun version

all Kneel before the mighty tut

Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Anubis2001
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work! Its such a controversial topic, huh? You did a really good job at bringing together the two most popular faces of tut with his death mask. I guess well never know what he really looks like! :p
alaja
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it will remain "controversial" ...
Numerous facial reconstructions have been done over the years.

Artist's impression "derived from studies, photo-diametric measurements and analysis from the recently exhumed mummy of King Tutankhamun and the comparative source of sculpted portraits" ([url="http://www.3demporium.com/king_tut.htm"]source[/url])

2002 reconstruction(s?) by "scientists & special effects artists", from 1968/69's x-rays

| |
2005 National Geographic reconstruction, based on CT scans: French Team | Egyptian Team | American Team

Notice how well the long nose "fits" with this depiction from Tut's throne chair:

Now, take the color from 2002 and the face from 2005, add a little roundness maybe, and a Somali looks at you... almost.

The problem is, in wall paintings Egyptians often look like they have slighly hooked noses; in statues, the soft, round "nubian" characteristics are more prominent. Too bad there are so few natural portraits! Although depicting the "ideal Egyptian" is one way of avoiding racism Wink

So now there we have it - the asian, the "negroid" and the "caucasian" types...
6th Hauraki
Servant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi alaja

Thanks for posting these Images.
It is all very interesting and I agree you will never come to a 100% consensus, probably to many politicly motivated ppl involved trying to push their own theories.
I do not care if he was green with red pokeadots just nice to see some ideas.
I agree that the two a very similar as in the wall relief and computer model.
He has a very unusual shaped head,.
How long had his relatives been interbreeding?
I guess you get a few genetic mutants with this type of breeding.
Interesting that his stomach is hanging over, it shows he cannot of been that fit?
although he appears to be quite thin.
It makes it look like he spent a bit of time at Mac Tuc's working on his belly Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Coffee Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: