Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Tut Wasn't Bludgeoned to Death: Study

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: King Tut Wasn't Bludgeoned to Death: Study Reply with quote

CT scans rule out blow to the head in boy-king's demise
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Bastet-amun
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi...
i read the article too and have been wondering why it took so long for someone to make the connection that it had to be an accident - based on the angle of the strike. i'm surprized the scientific community hasn't squashed this by now. someone even suggested that the cupbearers were in cahoots w/the Queen to poison him. would traces of the poison be left somehow in the bones?

too much CSI i guess.

peace.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the CT scan recently completed, there is absolutely no evidence of any type of blow to the head being responsible for the death. The conclusion reached by the team of researchers was that he died of a massive infection, and was probably caused by breaks on the knees.
Any evidence of poisoning of any sorts would probably be gone.
So we're still left with some puzzle as to his death. It may have been an accident; it may have been the results of war. (traces of gold foil--perhaps from his armour--were found in the wounds in the knees) And of course, the possiblity of poisoning cannot be ruled out, but pointing a finger at his queen or any other individual would be, at this time, mere guess-work.
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:
It may have been an accident; it may have been the results of war. (traces of gold foil--perhaps from his armour--were found in the wounds in the knees)

Osiris, it may also be possible that the traces of gold found in the wound(s) may have been remnants of an attempt to heal his wounds through Chrysotherapy in the form of a salve or ointment near his time of death.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neb-Ma'at-Re wrote:
Osiris, it may also be possible that the traces of gold found in the wound(s) may have been remnants of an attempt to heal his wounds through Chrysotherapy in the form of a salve or ointment near his time of death

That's more than possible, but I guess it's just speculation, at this point. That is, unless a papyrus is found written by the doctors that treated Tutankhamen, and tells us what procedures were used!
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Pharoh I would have thought Tut would be surounded by gold foil. Almost anything near him could have had it on e.g. clothes, furniture , chariots
BlueHue
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: King Thut's Death by Dr.Velikovsky( Book:Ages in Chaos 1949) Reply with quote

Those few who really did read Dr. Velikovsky's book, called
"
AGES in CHAOS" concepted in 1949 but printed in 1950
may conclude with me that King Thut was killed in a Duell incited by the two State Marshalls: General Aye ( Neter- Heq.)and General ( PHTA-Em-)Horemheb.

General Aye became Pharaoh, but as regent for Thut's Son who reigned 10 years after Thut's death

In Velikovsky's Greek version this little known sonof King Thut('Eteocles.') is called LAODAMAS ( married to princess Astymedusa.)
I wonder what the egyptian equivalent-names may be ?a Thutmose-6 ? ?

Afterwards Gen Horemheb took over from ther SON of King Thut, but he [probably seems to have contended the reign as Vice-Pharaoh of the Assyrian King Salmanasser-3(" Suppiluliumas-3")and with a SETI-1

General RAMMESSES-1 is Velikovsky's equivalent for YOLAUS(= AEOLUS.)

Sincerely..........." BlueHue " Shocked Shocked Shocked dd 12 Aug.2008
KAMOSE(=Prometheus) lived, Ca.1085-1050 bc
AHMOSE(=Epimetheus ) lived, Ca.1083-1030
AMENHOTEP=Dionysios
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. I wonder what Velikosky was sniffing to go off on such a dream trip when he was writing his book!
Such "facts" are laughable in the best--absolutely wierd!
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait....duel? O_o Not to offend, but...if Tut was involved in a duel with his ADVISORS...wait...whoa...what the...this makes my soul weep. Crying or Very sad Tut was a KING, if his advisors challenged him to a duel he can EASILY put them to death for treason against the crown. Or something like that... Laughing You know what I mean!! Osiris II, help me out here, am I right? At least in part?
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pharaoh's word or wishes were absolute law. If any of his advisors even [b]hinted[/b] at wanting a duel, I'm sure he could easily order them to death without ever stepping down from his throne to "dirty" his hands with mere physical contact with a "humble" commoner..

Cool it, Tutness. You'll run into all sorts of off-the-wall ideas when talking about the ancient Egyptians.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what happened! Computer glitches frustrate and anger me!

It should have been "hinted" in bold.
Meresankh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technology strikes again Rolling Eyes I know what you mean. Those glitches are SO irritating.
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:
Pharaoh's word or wishes were absolute law. If any of his advisors even hinted at wanting a duel, I'm sure he could easily order them to death without ever stepping down from his throne to "dirty" his hands with mere physical contact with a "humble" commoner..

Cool it, Tutness. You'll run into all sorts of off-the-wall ideas when talking about the ancient Egyptians.

This I have come to realize. Laughing And "Off-the-wall" is an understatement in some cases in this forum. And thank you for backing me up, Osiris. Much appreciated. Cool
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A duel is not impossible - but only if Tut was some sort of lunatic like the Roman Comodus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: