Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's make an Akhenaten opera!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol* all of these are pretty cool! Smile Tutness, I'm happy that you joined us! Smile Thank you for the great scene - and thank you, Selket, too... now I feel it's really time for me to make something better than that short song of Tut's... Razz And I wait that picture, too! I'm really excited!! Embarassed Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostris wrote:
*lol* all of these are pretty cool! Smile Tutness, I'm happy that you joined us! Smile Thank you for the great scene - and thank you, Selket, too... now I feel it's really time for me to make something better than that short song of Tut's... Razz And I wait that picture, too! I'm really excited!! Embarassed Very Happy

As soon as I can get a scanner for my dad's computer, I'll put up the storyboard scenes. Hopefully by Christmas or a little bit afterwards, then they'll be up. ^_^; For now, I'll help make the scenes and songs and stuffs. Cool I can think like Tut...they don't call me Tutness for nothing, ya know! Laughing
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol* So, it will be a Christmas present!!! ^^
"
Talking about presents and drawings...

I drew an older Ay, too, but I'm afraid it's not very good. I drew it yesterday around 23 o'clock during South Park XD, so don't expect something great and special. Well, I warned you. XDDDDD
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/merneith/ay.jpg
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, that's a good drawing of Ay, Lostris. Really got his nasty side there. Laughing But for real, it looks like a charicature. You know, exxagerated drawings of real people. ^__^ It's quite good, for being drawn at 11:00 at night.

I love south Park. XD W00t!

*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i love south park! my friend and i always impersinate them! and the drawing is a very good one for 11:00 at night!
arnold
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I be Yu-gi-oh ?
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_o Yu-gi-oh would not be in this opera. *Shudder*
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Dark_Meryetamun_28 was the owner of this thread I doubt you speak for everyone so I will wait for more information before deciding to completely ignore your ignorence or not
but if so that would mean that you do not need someone that can play any position within an opera correct ?

No offense was intended, judge not less thee be judged and you broke that so since you chose your move in this game of chess/life I then chose mine.

I will not be ruled, I will not allow anyone to rule another
You will not hurt anymore of my family that includes every living and non living thing in this world or I will imprison you until you find the truth about yourself and the world and our lord and creator, Consider this thy only warning, or you will be locked inside a cell until you find the truth

Last edited by arnold on Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...*Laughs* My "ignorance?" Ahh, you poor soul, I pity you, for your only grasp of Egypt and its wonders is from a second-rate Japanese cartoon. Yu-gi-oh is a shame to anime and manga and a disgrace to Egypt, making me wonder who could love such a base, foul, and contemptable thing besides those too young to know its true trashiness.

Mmmm, and next time you choose to call someone ignorant, establish yourself first so you can figure out who is an admin and who is not, silly boy. Smile Plus, you spammed already. Consider this thy first warning.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could .."try" to be an intermediary, I believe I know where this stands, and how you can (hopefully) appreciate each other's sides.

Firstly, DM. arnold from my brief experiences with him, proves to be more of a 'spiritual soul'. I do not believe he cares for knowledge in the sense of reading and assimilating facts; but rather to look beyond the fact and see the underlining truth. I do not believe he was insulting your knowledge of ancient Egypt, but rather he merely made a brash assumption that you are unable to see beyond what lies in front of you.

arnold, lighten up. Stop watching re-runs of the X-Files and go outside.

There is no need for arguing and fighting. It does not matter what position you hold; high or low. It does not matter if you spice it up with a courtsey, or a 'forgive me if I'm wrong'. Say what you want to say and if it cannot be accepted by the other party, then it probably should not have been said. In this, the other party must remember to let go of the power they perceive themselves to have, be it administrative or spiritual (if that would even be the right word...).

I don't know why I felt the need to step in, but damnit - I'm tired of people pussy-footing around anger. Let it out and be done with it. Don't let it build up and explode. I'm done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmph. Unas, relax. He might've pushed a few buttons here or there, but I wasn't truly angry, just miffed. Oh, and I needed to vent about Yu-Gi-Oh. Razz

But you see, in other places, a post like that would not be tolerated, and someone who's already spammed (I deleted it of course) should be taught respect, no? I don't tolerate it when users call each other ignorant, so if a user calls me ignorant, that gives me the right to put the fear of God into him. And if ya think that was arguing, seriously, don't visit my house. I think you'd go insane.

Now then. Back on topic, people. Akhenaten opera. No Yu-gi-oh. Perhaps someone could come up with a cast list, a description of their personalities, and how they relate to one another?

Edit: Arnold, warning number 2. Do NOT spam again, or your account WILL be deleted.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, anybody who's curious about the actual Akhenaten opera can find some info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhnaten_%28opera%29

P.S: Selket, you're officially my hero.

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
BelovedofWa'Enre
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to the one by Philip Glass....? I have tried to find that....but I can't and it makes me sad.....I love Opera....(almost as much as Akhenaten...Razz) and when combined with Akheneten; what could be better....??? Answer-NOTHING. Very Happy

(Sorry to suddenly come out of nowhere. Whassup???)

I may get myself into trouble saying this, but I like Yu-Gi-Oh....I do not appreciate how much is wrong with it though.....I can see where you are coming from, Meryetamun. I am outraged at some of the 'things' Takahashi puts in it...and then people believe them to be accurate....(The Mummy series movies do the same thing to me....Only not so much....Hollywood can be forgiven and laughed at...) But then again, if he was just spamming....I may have stepped into the cobra's nest for no reason...... Shocked
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arnold wrote:
Can I be Yu-gi-oh ?

Arnold, that was funny XD I haven't seen Yu-gi-oh, but as far as I know, it has nothing to with the Amarna era, so. Smile That's why they said they shouldn't include it.

Oh but I see this conversation ended a looong time ago Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: