Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akenaten
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selket
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that worse than Soloman?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Advertisement

BelovedofWa'Enre
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a more recent book on Akhenaten.....And the Egyptologist presented proof that Nefertiti was Smenkhare. (I do not know how widely this has been accepted, but he had it all pretty well lined up.) He was discussing how in one relief Akhenaten is seated next to a regent. Many have said it was Smenkhare....(As in a man.) But Reeves, the author, was looking at how many cartouches there were. (I had this really great point, but I have forgotten some things..T_T) Therefore, instead of butchering his proof for anyone who is interested I suggest you check out this book-Akhenaten, Egypt's False Prophet, Nicholas Reeves.

Reeves is also a supporter of the Marfan's theory which was already discussed earlier in the thread. After reading the book and looking at many more sources....I would have to say that Akhenaten suffered from this condition. All of the symptoms are there. (I have many other opinions on this matter as well, but I choose not to say them here...) Speaking of which, Reeves even goes in depth on the topic of Akhenaten's pathology...He begins to explain..how the illness would have affected him if he had had it. Such as the fact that most Marfan patients go blind. Akhenaten cold have very well been blind, WHICH would explain why the sense of touch is emphasized so heavily in Amarna art; and the Aten Hymn. (You guys know music was a vocation for the blind.)

Sorry to blab for so long......Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: