Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Somthing about the Great Pyramid I had not realised.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Somthing about the Great Pyramid I had not realised. Reply with quote

I have read quite a lot on Egypt over the years but I did not realise there was a natural cave under it (and not far below the surface considering the weight of masonry on it). It is called the grotto. Surprised
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very interesting. Where did you get your information? As far as I know, the GP is built on solid bedrock. There IS an unfinished chamber beneath the pyramid, and it could be mistaken for a natural cave, but is man-made.
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a talk at out local Egyptological society and the lecturer showed a plan. It is on the partly vetical shaft to the underground chamber.
Another thing - there is a pit in the underground chamber that apparently has not been fully excavated - they gave up because of chocking dust.

I did a google seach on grotto and great pyramid and found some articles on it.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also did a Google search on grotto and Great Pyramid, and the results posted where, at best, nothing more than New Age reasoning. As far as I know, there were never any "moving parts" within the Pyramid. The name of Khufu apprears on blocks that could only have been placed at the time of building--e,g, Khufu built the Pryamid. The so-called "grotto" is obviously a man-made construction and not a natural cave. Any idea of the Pyramid channeling excessive water is mind-numbing.
I'd be very cautious in accepting as fact any information that is posted on the web. A lot of the so-called "proven" facts are just so much wild theories and nothing else. Go with the study of books by established Egyptologist.
tnrees
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A non new age web site mentioninh the grotto is -http://guardians.net/egypt/pyramids/GreatPyramid.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: