Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pharaohs of Nubia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khaba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Pharaohs of Nubia Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any good websites or books that deal with the Royal Dynasties of Nubia? I've been attempting to research the gradual Egyptification of the Kings of Kush and the nature of the "Pharaohic" rule which survived until c.AD600.

I know of the Nubian dynasty of Egypt, but I need info on the royalty and pyramid builders of the Sudan.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know of any non-fiction books, but I know that "The last Camel Died at Noon" by Elizabeth Peters has some stuff about the Nubian Pharaohs. I don't remember how much of the history was in there, but it was a very interesting book. It was fiction, but the facts were true, I believe.

Oh! I know that "Afirca's Glorious Legacy" in the series "Lost Civilizations" published by Time-Life books has some things about the Nubian Kings.

-Akhenaten-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it doesn't deal specifically with the Nubian pharaohs it lists all the kings chronologically giving very comprehensive information on them, Nubians included. 'Chronical of the Pharaohs' by Peter Clayton. Probably the best egyptology book i've read.
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Yes, I do like tha book. I completely forgot about that having the Nubian Pharaohs in it. I think that I have found more information in that book about some Pharaohs than in all the other Egytpology books I won put together!

-Akhenaten-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: