Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heliopolis vs. Asgard
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maatkara
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and LOKI???? Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki I know for sure is some mischievous little dude who bothers his fellow Norse gods from time to time. Baba (taking a wild guess here!) is probably some "father" god. ...I'm just going loosely from knowing the Chinese word for father being baba. Probably not right, but I don't care!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Unas

Quote:
The Norse gods were mortal. I'm sorry... I believe them to be the cooler group, but they couldn't stand a chance against the Greek gods.

I have never anywhere seen that the Norse Gods were actually mortals. The Greek gods could be defeated because they had human weaknesses; falling in love etc........Although some would say it isn't a weakness but it is in that feelings mean that someone can take advantage of them.
No the Eygyptians win hands down. Having said that, anyone watch Stargate, the Asgard rule there, well accept for the replicators:-)
Selket
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki, god of fire. I believe he represents the negative aspect, while Heimdall represented the good kind that heats houses. Also trickster god & of thieves,gamblers.
He is the kid of Laufrey & Farbuti,fire giants,so he's not technically a god. Just a sworn brother of Odin. His kids with Angrboda are Hel,Jormungard,and Frenir.

He loved to go adventuring with Thor & Odin. He often got the gods into situations and the panthenon amused themselves watching how he got them out of it.
His worst crime was tricking his blind brother Hod into killing Baldur. Then he prevented Bladur from being ressurected by taking on the form of a giantess & refusing to cry.
saphira605
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok..... then now if the noris gods are mortal then wouldn't the egyption gods win cause they are imortal?
also why dont we have the egyption goda go aginst the greek gods? Question
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unas wrote:
The Norse gods were mortal. I'm sorry... I believe them to be the cooler group, but they couldn't stand a chance against the Greek gods.

Let us not forget that Osiris was killed once.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he was killed in technicality... but he did live on to rule the afterlife, meaning the Egyptian gods would not only rule the heavens and Earth, but the afterlife as well.

...Which makes me wonder the comparisons between Osiris and Hades... Osiris seemed more of a bouncer, judging whether or not the soul could actually enter the afterlife, or be stranded on Earth, whereas Hades seemed a sleezy conman with a fetish for souls, grabing at any that came his way..

All in all, I believe it's just a question of quality (Egyptian gods) over quantity (Greek).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Dark_Meryetamun_28

Quote:
Let us not forget that Osiris was killed once.

And Jesus also technically but every Christian believes he is alive reigning in heaven:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: