Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yugi-Oh
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pyramid part was...with the cheat sheet.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*groan* I always hated Yu-Gi-Oh. Horrible, lol (sorry for those who like this series, but...)
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That's so funny! Though i'm not good with hieroglyphs myself, i know that most of that stuff doesn't say anything. But that's awesome, hidden advertisements!!! Laughing (and don't worry Lostris , i dont like Yu-Gi-Oh either. no offense ppl, it's just my opinion but I think it's kind of stupid Rolling Eyes )

Wow, I just realised how old this thread is! But anyway,yeah, I think it's so smart of that guy from the band to write his message in hieroglyphs. At first, it seems kind of stupid: Little kids don't read hieroglyphs Laughing , and he was taking a chance there about how many people are actually going to take the time and READ that of the few people who understand hieroglyphs! But then again, that's an awesome way to advertise, very sly, not many people --if any--would think of that as a way to advertise! He'd gain respect from the hierogylph-readers too! Laughing
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ide love to have like a secret code letter between me and my friends that only we understand!! how good! and exciting
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparantly some of the hieroglyphs on some of the Yugi-Oh stuff are real. My son is not so much into the Yugi-Oh cards any more (he's too old for that now... he's 9 and into Magic cards...lol). Anyways, he has a Yugi-Oh beach towel with some picture of Yugi on it in the forground and heiroglyphs in the background. As I started examining the glyphs I was shocked to find that it was a passage from The Papyrus of Ani!!!! (Book of The Dead). I could clearly see Osiris Ani's name a few times.
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I think that is so cool that they are real hieroglyphs and they take the time to decide what hieroglyphs to put on these things even though most people and very few (if any) kids can read them!
DaughterOfSekhmet
Servant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Yugi-Oh Reply with quote

Neb-Ma'at-Re wrote:
Your not gonna beleive this but...I was in Walmart with my wife and daughter. We were walking through the toy section and I saw this generic Yugi-Oh card binder that had hieroglyphs all over the front.It didn't say Yugi-Oh on it but it was supposed to be an imitation. Now usually this type of stuff doesn't really say anything, I know because my 7 year old son collects Yugi-Oh cards. It's like they just put the hieroglyphs in no order...the kids can't tell the difference. But this binder actually said something.

I started to read it as we were walking and stopped dead. I told my wife hang on this actually says something.The glyphs translated to:

"hi my name is arthur I play bass in a band called luna park you can check us out at luna park dot ws (?)"

I couldn't belive it! So I searched online for a band called Luna Park and sure enough there is such a band and the bass player's name is Arthur! After checking into this guy, it turns out he is a graphic designer for some company named Creative Group at Sierra.

Pretty crazy huh!!!!

Well...I was collecting a Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and really like them.
...but I didn't know that it was like that,
pretty interesting>.>
...also I'm sure that before they print
the case of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards(I mean the box of the cards)
...the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh!
Kazuki Takahashi goes to Egypt
...and also study to write an Ancient Egyptian Writing,
if you know what I mean,cause the other place
...in Yu-Gi-Oh! was real in Egypt.
...and we ruled the Ancient Egypt..."
-Atem&Eclair
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: