Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What ever happened to...?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: What ever happened to...? Reply with quote

It used to be that this site was full of interesting, articulate debate concerning ancient Egypt, but lately it seems to be filled with nothing but idle chatter.
What ever happened to discussion?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If discussion is what your looking 4, there is on all the forums. Coffee Lounge has some discussion too but the point for coffee lounge is just to talk!
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means about how there used to be intelligent conversation. I don't mean to say that everything lately has been complete drivel, but it has definitely gone down a notch or two on the intelligence scale.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that people aren't on as much as they used to be. It's a shame, really, as I too miss the intellect of the forums!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do see what you mean, but I think I have participated in intellectual discussion recently. Only in Coffee Lounge, of course I haven't because Lostris, *EgYptIaN*gOdDeSs* and I are planning a party as you noticed!!! Very Happy I don't think that party planning and intellectual Egyptology discussions really mix Embarassed so I'm sorry about that. But you are definitely correct in saying that a lot of users aren't on much anymore.

I just hope you don't think that it is me who has caused this drop in intelligence on the boards... Embarassed
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not one persons particular fault! just that not many people come one any mroe i only see a few people chat on boards and theyre the same people! we need to recruit some people ( only who have an interest in ancient egypt!) but do imagine how it will be on christmas day! busy!
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not ask Egyptians, historians, librarians, scientists and hoboes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes unas i will ask a hobo
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part I like best about your sarcastic comment was that you didn't say, "Yes, Unas. I will ask a librarian." I don't know why, but that was the best part for me! lol

...maybe this is the decline of intellect? I know I haven't helped the situation much.. Really, Psusennes' and Neb's posts are the ones I find to consistantly be of true, knowledgable value!
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ok! i find all posts are good.... some are very informational and some are just for hte fun of it! but the site wouldn't be as good as it is if it had no muck around posts!! i think anyway..
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I miss the old days of debate and intellectual conversations...and most of all the good people are gone. Sad Is that passionate energy gone, or are people too busy, or what if...they just don't care...? Eee-gads! hope not... Crying or Very sad
*EgYpTiAn*GoDdEsS*
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol tutness see i called u tutness! i don't think the "interesting people" have gone just are busy! but i guess u'll just have to put up with us! which i dont think is such a bad thing ..is it?!..
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not...Goddess, I love the fun we bring to the boards! And I have done many intellectual posts too so there! LOL . No but really, it is fun though at least for me, to have people like me or Goddess on the boards, since we're so, as Unas would put it, chatty! Very Happy

Last edited by Ankhesenamun_1 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with me, it's school. Also, Tutness, it's a fact that message boards always get slow during the fall and winter. People are going to school, they're getting ready for Christmas and other winter holidays...it's a busy time of year. Wait til after Christmas break and I'm sure it'll start speeding up again.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, forgot for a minute that it is indeed the Holiday season, and people are putting up decorations and buying gifts and schooling (I'm graduated, so I'm home and looking for a new job these days...gotta consider the folks still in school...my apologies. ^_^Wink and whatnot. Again, apologies. Have a happy holiday, guys. And thanks again for reminding me, DM, lol. Good luck on whatever you're working on and such. Same goes for everyone. Wink Cool

Just 13 more days and I'll be 19....huzzah, I feel old already. Shocked Laughing

Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this. . . but:

This entire board seems to have died. About two months ago it seems that KTO had her death throws, with a few final well thought out discussions from people who genuinely wanted to learn, but since Neb Ma'at Re and Si-Amun left King Tut One has degenerated into a collection of threads with about as much relevance to Egypt as. . . . well. I'm not quite sure. Threads with names like: "EGUPT IS REALLY KOOL! LMAO!" speak for themselves.

In answer to your question Osiris II - I'm not sure if there's any point in people like you being here to be honest. I'm not sure if I should bother staying either. Goodbye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: