Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fave Queen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_egypt_lover_
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Fave Queen Reply with quote

I know there is already a post on this Confused but i would like to know again.......so u can have another chance to post your fave Queen. My fave Queen in Nefertiti.... Very Happy and i would like to know what your fave Queens are! Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

JOY!
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

Tiye-She seemed like a real cool woman, she was involved in a lot of political things during her husbands reign.

Nefertari-She was so beautiful, and mysterious to me. I wish we had more info on her.

Ahmose Nefertari-She held a lot of power during her husband's reign and I believe she was the first queen to be looked at as a living goddess, and a great royal wife??

Hatshepsut-Even though she later on became pharoah, she was still a queen when she was married.

I really feel these ladies are the ones who are sometimes overlooked. A lot of times people like to blow up Nefertiti, I mean she was interesting but she certainly wasn't the only interesting queen in all of Egypt. It'd be nice to see a movie or documentary based on one of these ladies. I haven't seen any. Rolling Eyes
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiye, Nefertiti and Kiya. (I'm an Amarna chick and proud of it.)

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Tadukhipa

Quote:
Tiye, Nefertiti and Kiya.

Thankyou Tadukhipa, you shall be rewarded in the next life for your royalty.

Actually Tiy was rather cool. She came from a non royal background to become the most powerful woman in the land. Also Hatshepsut for having the strength and daring to take on the establishment, win the support of the priests of Amun at Karnak and for keeping Tut sweet for 20 years and for holding this all together. Hats off to the chick.
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Tudakhipa I meant loyalty Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines are Ankhesenamun, Hatshepsut, Nitokris and Sobeknoferu. Wink
Hatshepsut76
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My REALLY favourite queen is Hatshepsut, but I don't neglect Nefertiti and Ankhesenamon too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ankhesenamun_1
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Queens Reply with quote

Ankhesenamun and Nefertiti, because Ankhesenamun and Tut were such a cute couple Smile and Nefertiti was so beautiful
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatsepshut, by far...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Baketaten
Servant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Ankhesenamun, Hatshepsut, Tiye, Ahmose-Nefertari .... Reply with quote

There are so many!

I like Ankhesenamun mostly for the letter she wrote to the Mitannian king asking for a son in marriage. This showed guts -- and I'm sure she paid for it with her life. (I don't subscribe to the theory that Nefertiti wrote the letter).

And I like Hatshepsut because she wasn't about war. I was lucky enough to go to Egypt last fall and see Deir-el-Bahari with my own eyes. It's amazing -- all the reliefs about the trip to Punt and what she considered the great treasures that were brought back -- trees, a giraffe, incense. Everybody else's temples are all about "I crushed this enemy, I crushed that enemy." I realize that she really had to collude with the priests of Amun to get all that power, and that it probably affected the pharaonate in a negative way, because henceforth the pharaohs couldn't say "boo" without getting Amun's blessing. And Akhenaten really went to town on her monuments -- he vandalized parts of Deir el-Bahari that Thutmose III missed. I doubt it was because she was a woman -- he was just angry at the Amun business.
ankhesenamun 3s
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ankhesenamun because she and tut are my fave
Kiya
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Baketaten

Quote:
And Akhenaten really went to town on her monuments -- he vandalized parts of Deir el-Bahari that Thutmose III missed. I doubt it was because she was a woman -- he was just angry at the Amun business.

Yeah he probably had no personal feelings one way or the other for Hatshepsut, if anything he was rather partial to strong females. He hated all Amun monuments equally:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: