Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imhotep's tomb...(?)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will they find Imhotep at last?
Of course, eventually! ^__^
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Nah, it's not time yet...I think. O_o
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Sure, if they set thier minds to it! ^__^;
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Tutness...beat yer boredom someplace else!! >_<
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Imhotep's tomb...(?) Reply with quote

Ok, I watch many specials on Ancient Egypt, but this one, I apparently missed... Surprised ...my mom actually brought it to my attention, and once again, the Tutness has something quirky and fun to share for all. Wink Laughing

My mom said she had seen a special on the Discovery Times channel about a dig in which Egyptologists found a "doorway" or a "Wall"...I forget which... Confused Anyway, my mom informed me that they beleive it to be the entrance to Imhotep's tomb, but by the time they found it, digging season was over, and now they--and the rest of the world--will have to wait next season. Shocked Sad Oh, brother....

If someone here has more in-depth information on this, or if anyone can clear some things up, I'd be greatly appreciated. ^__^ It would really be awesome if they found it!! Cool

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

kingtut25
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tihnk it was very intersting that imothep became a god to the egypt after being the fist man to built the step pyrimad for menes i think i mnot sure for what pharoh it was for though.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imhotep was the buildler of the Step Pyramid for Djoser. His tomb has yet to be found, but it is most likely somewhere in the enclosure of the Step Pyramid.
kmt_sesh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually voted as the optimist this time. Wow, that's rare. Very Happy I'm usually the skeptic, but I do believe Imhotep's tomb will be found sooner or later. It's most likely in the Saqqara necropolis, and that necropolis is massive. It probably contains the tombs of other notable figures like Khaemwaset, too.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
I actually voted as the optimist this time. Wow, that's rare. Very Happy I'm usually the skeptic, but I do believe Imhotep's tomb will be found sooner or later. It's most likely in the Saqqara necropolis, and that necropolis is massive. It probably contains the tombs of other notable figures like Khaemwaset, too.

Oh my word, Kmt-buddy! Shocked I expected you to be the one to say at the most that they "might not" find it! My, you surprised me there! Laughing Wink Cool

They haven't found Khaemwaset's tomb, either? Confused I hope they do then, if they hadn't. I really thought they did! Shocked Wow, where was I...?

the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, I'm back, but I've been busy with Halloween and such....why did this thing double-post on me?! That never happens! Shocked Crying or Very sad Someone explain this! Confused
kmt_sesh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That never happens! Shocked Crying or Very sad Someone explain this!

Your computer is haunted. BOO!
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
Your computer is haunted. BOO!

Oh, jeez...So, not only is my house haunted, and the ghosts overflow the toilets--True story, I was there!!--but now must they haunt and mess with my poor computer?! Bah, I just called the Ghostbusters to get rid of the ghosts in the bathrooms, now I gotta pay them overtime for the computer room too. Confused Laughing Wink
kmt_sesh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, not only is my house haunted, and the ghosts overflow the toilets--True story, I was there!!

Ick. I hope you weren't sitting on one of them at the time. Surprised
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
Ick. I hope you weren't sitting on one of them at the time. Surprised

LOL!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing No, luckily, I wasn't sitting on it, actually, my sister Laura was!! Twisted Evil Cool Awww, poor Laura...
kmt_sesh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing No, luckily, I wasn't sitting on it, actually, my sister Laura was!! Twisted Evil Cool Awww, poor Laura...

Well, that must have been a crappy experience.

What's with my lame quips lately? I guess I don't have much meaningful to say. Maybe when the week is done and I have a chance to slow down and breathe! Very Happy
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! Ah, Kmt-buddy, you still somehow manage to make me laugh even with all the stress that's been building around me. And I didn't think it was lame!!! ^__^ You're awesome!!

As for the topic before DM28 kills me...my mom keeps on asking me if the Imhotep in the Mummy movies is the same Imhotep in real life. Shocked I'm like, "Eee-gads, mother! It's Hollywood crap! Imhotep was a High priest, and architect, etc....He wasn't some evil Mummy terrorizing people!" Mad Needless to say, I did get fustrated when she asked. Sad I hate it when Hollywood portrays Ancient Egyptians as "The bad guys" or "Bad people". I know not all companies do that, but the majority of them do, which makes me sad. Crying or Very sad

kmt_sesh
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but what a fun movie. And it wasn't just the recent duo of mummy movies that did this--it started with the original 1932 film The Mummy. So it would seem poor Imhotep has been getting bad press for a long, long time.

I know what you mean, though. I come across it at the museum all the time, visitors who have taken Hollywood far too seriously. It's cute when little kids do it (e.g., "What are those beetles that crawl inside you and eat you?") and it gives me a chance to set them straight and educate them--a teachable moment, if you will. What's rather annoying is when grownups ask the same questions. Confused Shouldn't they know better?
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make something up to terrify them!

That's what I do, and try to conceal some real facts in with fun as well. Little children always get excited to hear how the Egyptians stored organs inside pots, and had their brains drained through their noses.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just make something up to terrify them!

Hey, that's a great idea. When someone asks, "What are those beetles that crawl inside you and eat you?" I can just say, "What, like that one crawling up your leg right now?" Very Happy

I love practical jokes but I don't dare play them on our museum visitors. Well, I'd probably be booted out the door if I did. Maybe on my fellow docents.

Our favorite mummy is a Late Period man named Harwa. This picture is of Harwa in profile, but he's displayed in such a way that you can stand right in front of him and see him face to face about a foot away through the glass. I've always wished I had it rigged so that when someone was gawking in amazement right at Harwa, I could click a remote switch and make his eyes pop open. Surprised

It's scary how my mind works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Mummies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: