Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You must now register to do anything!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingtutone
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: You must now register to do anything! Reply with quote

Due to an increase in spamming, I have made the forum a “register to view” community. Anyone who wishes to post or read a message must register. Why? I hope this will hopefully ensure “quality” posters. This will also put a name to many guest posters as well.

Hope this helps to combat spamming. Let’s just take it one step at a time! Wink

Thanks for all your patience!

Best wishes,

I.C.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. You know there was a very annoying girl here who chased everyone to hell with spamming - I really hope it will work. We even can't be sure that they'll post 'quality posts', as you said, but maybe this will stop them. So thank you again. Very Happy
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. too, must thank you.
The recent episode of someone posting utter nonsense on every subject was, to say the least, discouraging. It was getting to the point of, when I would see her name as the poster on a subject, I would not go there, knowing it would be some trite little thing--such as a happy face, an "Oh" or a "Yes". I was almost ready to give up coming on KTO at all!
Hopefully, it will gradually get better now. You have taken the first step in the right direction.
Thanks once more...

Osiris II
maatkara
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imhran, you did great! Very Happy
...I trusted that sooner or later you would have taken action against this!

Thanx a lot! Very Happy ..I think that the most affectionate to KTO are all with you!

Wink
mary500
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you as well!! I know for any new members, it will be a pain in the rear end, but in the long run, it will be best... only people who truely want to discuss Ancient Egypt will bother registering. Thanks again!
Niankhkhnum
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Thanks to management for taking the first steps. You have my full support.

Best wishes,

Niankhkhnum
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too think you did a great job!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaay!!! Very Happy Finally, some peace on KTO will be accomplished!! Thank you sooooooooo much!! Now, I believe everyone here will agree with me when I say we can actually take in a sigh of relief, and go on with our normal discussions with no spam-interruptions!! Thanks again!! I bow to you!! Wink
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted in a little bit, so I guess I'll start with Laughing Embarassed Cool Cool Surprised Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Razz Shocked Very Happy Smile Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Sorry, but while I appreciate the anti-spam efforts, I feel inclined to spite you, Imran. Nothing personal.. just my nature Wink. I guess IP banning of the spammers would be the next step..?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kingtutone
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL Wink
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked ....Unas!!!! ^_^; I haven't seen you in a looooong time!! Um....welcome back, I guess!! Wink Laughing Cool
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks.. I really can't be on for periods at a time, for now.. When I moved out, my roomates and I opted to join efforts and get a cable connection (wireless internet and 600 channels of crap - woo!). Well, about a week after we got it all set up, the power source that connects from my laptop to the AC adapter crapped out.. so, I have a $2000 piece of junk.. until I can find the patients to call the tech support and haggle over getting it replaced, as it is under warrantee.... Long story short - I stopped by my mother's house to pick up a grill ... and got a little distracted. Which reminds me - food is on the counter and dogs are loose! ..Gotta go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: