Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Tut exhibit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: King Tut exhibit Reply with quote

I was really looking forward to going to the LACMA exhibit of Tutankhamen, and even now I'm still filled with desire to see the objects. I understand that not only are there objects from Tut's tomb, but many things that have never been out of Egypt before, that have been discovered in other 18th Dynasty tombs. But then I read the following article in the Times, and am questioning whether I want to see such a "show" or not. The telling sentence for me was the one that said the show was designed and presented by those who did the rock shows at Staples Center. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but the news snippets I've seen of rock shows leaves much to be desired! Check it out for yourselves:
http://www.calendarlive.com/galleriesandmuseums/cl-et-tutreview17jun17,0,5370935.story?coll=cl-art-top-right
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

egyptianscribe
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Did you see the exhibit? Reply with quote

I saw the exhibit in the Chicago Field museum this last Dec.
The artifacts were great but the presentation was awful.
I thought they might have a reconstructed verstion of the tomb
but they had poor quailty black and white photographs put on the walls. And they had some pathetic excuses for egyptian columns. Mad

The actual items from the tomb were awsome did you see them? Question
Anubis2001
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! I saw it in Los Angeles and I was really disappointed. I mean, I canít complain because I was lucky enough to go see anything associated with Ancient Egypt and King Tut. But to be completely honest, I was really disappointed. I just expected more. I believe the advertisements hyped the tour to more then it really was.

There was another expo down here too that was Egyptian. It was specifically on mummies! Now that was fantastic! The quality really overshadowed National Geographicís tour! Wink

Anubis2001
Selket
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the exhibit and enjoyed it very much. However, they ripped us off. I do not know if I should say exactly how, as it could spoil it for people with tickets and can't get refunds.

Everyone else: do not waste your money! What you really want to see is in Egypt so the Egyptian government can get it's tourist dollars.
GateKeeper
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it at the state museum in Columbia SC. The layout there was fairly nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: