Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arguing with Hawass...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, that is the reason I haven't bothered to write an answer to Claude II's post, frankly I can't be bothered to argue against a brick wall and am fed up with being accused of all manner of horrible things. The answer to solve a row Claude is to drop it completely, not try and carry it on hoping it might "resolve itself".
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Advertisement

the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it strike you as odd that the topic has rather "drifted" a bit? Shocked As far as I've read, this group is a civil one (Which is a major relief!). I don't like fights, and I hope Cluade II can see that not everyone on here likes to discuss a matter in which people CAN get offended by some things, and thier opinons are thiers, regardless. Actions speak louder than words, but in the case of the internet, typing speaks louder than words. ^_^; Heh heh.
As for me, the topic: Zahi Hawass means to do well, though he tends to have a big head sometimes, I think he's a self-confident and self-assured man and a well-respected Egyptologist (Honestly...I'm trying to settle this conflict by talking about something else, which is what the forum topic was. Though, I fear this may not work, and I want this to be as peacefull as humanly possible. ^_^; ).

maatkara
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, dear! You are completely right and think I am responsible as well as Claude....I apologise!
It's nice that we can have somebody sensitive like you are!!
Wink ....you've got the right feeling! Wink
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maatkara wrote:
oh, dear! You are completely right and think I am responsible as well as Claude....I apologise!
It's nice that we can have somebody sensitive like you are!!
Wink ....you've got the right feeling! Wink

Sensitive...? Really?! Very Happy Well, thanks...I just didn't want an all-out brawl to start. And at least you didn't go and insult people on here, you know? You need not apologise... ^_^ If someone is to criticise anyone on here, it should be constructive, not DEstructive. Laughing
Hatshepsut76
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on what you say: my friend maatkara didnt't ever insult anyone here Wink ; besides, critics must be CONstructive...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite agree. In fact I think that the title of this thread was itself counter-productive.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed wow! thank you so much to you all! Embarassed
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* TOPIC. No more flaming. The next one who flames gets on my bad list and this topic will be closed after that.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psus!
I think that it is not the title of the topic but the way it has turned....we all should try to respect the other Wink

Anyway, I started the topic proposing an article in which Doctor Saleh was arguing with Hawass..By that time they still had to decide who was going to take part of the Scientific Team....now the game is over: tests on Tut are already done, and other themes are now going on about ..."Arguing with Hawass...."...
I believe that we should wonder why they didn't make a DNA test on King Tut's Mummy and toxic (?) test to see if he was poisoned....but this matter is already treated in other topics.... Wink
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^ I'm glad that all is well now. Flames are definately NOT welcome. It can be peacefull, now. And I'm happy everyone is in agreement that criticism should always be constructive. I hate it when all people are insulted. I just wonder, to reply to maatkara's point, if Tut's mummy should've had a DNA test...or something like that. Very Happy
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it might be interesting, but what would it prove? That Tut has CG AT thingies? ...Perhaps they could start a worldwide search for "Tut's lost kin" ..? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unas wrote:
Well, it might be interesting, but what would it prove? That Tut has CG AT thingies? ...Perhaps they could start a worldwide search for "Tut's lost kin" ..? Wink

Laughing Well, you never know, Unas. I just hope they settle the conflict when it comes to Tut's family and such. ^_^;
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the question of Tut's relationships--his parents, his familial relationships--settled, but I don't really think DNA could do it. After all, the basic facts in DNA just tells us which family he came from--Amenhotep III's--if he had children--no--any physical reason for his death--no. Facts that we already know. Until a papyrus is discovered that tells us who his parents were, how and why he died, who his brothers and sisters might have been, we are still in the dark. And it's not likel;y that such a papyrus will be discovered.
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only evidence I can think of that can link Tut and his family is a stele--I read this according to Nicholas Reeves' "The Complete Tutankhamun"--that said: "The king's own bodily son, his beloved, Tutankhaten". (The king, of course, being Akhenaten.). Which, might I add, was found in Akhetaten, in the North palace, I believe. ^_^ That's what I've read, but I think there should be more evidence on it. Confused
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree--the stele that was found spoke of "the king's own bodily son" and meaning Tutankhamen, but there is no mention of the king to which is being refered. If Amenhotep III had been his father, Tut would have refered to him as his bodily father. Actually, it was not unheard of for a king to refer to his ancestors as his "bodily father," as Tut had done in reference to Tuthmosis IV, his great-grandfather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: