Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ancient Egyption Based Film's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like alot of the Ancient Egyptian movies that were released. The Ten Commandments was AWESOME!!! I really liked that one. Prince of Egypt....eh....not as much. Si-Amun had the right idea about the two singing priests...in my opinion, they were irrelevent to the entire film, but all in all, I only watch the beginning of the film, up to the part when Moses left Egypt. And my favorite songs were "Deliver us" and the song "River lullaby". Those songs were pretty, especially the latter. ^_^ But it was an average film after when Moses left. I hated that song the priests sang--"Playing with the big boys"--It was like nails on a chalkboard. Mad Anywho, I also love the Mummy movies...I live in Tampa, and I went to Orlando--Universal Studios--to ride the new "Mummy's Revenge" rollar coaster. ^_^ It was really fun, though filled with animatronic mummies O_O;..... ^_^; But still, great 4-D effects. Back to the movie subject--that's pretty much it. I wanted to see "Joseph, king of dreams", and just when my school had a play for "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"! ^_^; Meh...I want to see the movie version...I heard it was better than "Prince of Egypt", correct?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Niankhkhnum
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought The Ten Commandments was great fun, too...even though full of inaccuracies and various "Hollywoodisms." For me, the best performances were in supporting roles: Edward G. Robinson as Dathan, and Judith Anderson as Memnet, the hard-hearted old Nurse!!

Best,

Niankhkhnum
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, the nurse that died? Shocked She was the one that was going to expose Moses as a Hebrew, then the princess killed her, right? ^_^ She was funny. Yul Brynner was a great Ramesses. Very Happy (I hope I spelled Yul's name right! Confused Gasp...!! Laughing ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: