Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ancient Egyptian Fiction
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meritaton
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for posting the story! I always wanted to know what the novel is about.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know something about Hilary Wilson's Egyptian Woman? I think it's a great story, and I don't know exactly which parts of the story are true. Hope you can help.

At least, I like too Wilbur Smith's books but that's true what Meritaton said. He don't use Egyptian names and it's argued me for some times. (I like it - look at my name - but it isn't Egyptian anyway!) But I think he did some search, because the war with the hyksos invaders was correct. I don't think Taita invented the cart, (at least I don't think Taita lived but that's true that the Egyptian people found it in the time of the hyksos invasion.

The Sinuhe was the first Egyptian story I've read, so I totally adore it - but I think Sinuhe didn't live, too. But I like every story which is scened in Ancient Egypt.

Aww, so not all. I know a lot of people really like Pauline Gedge's Twelvth Transforming but I personally hate it. It teaches us that Akhenaten was ugly and disgusting. Evil or Very Mad I don't think that so! It was the first and last book I've read frome Pauline. Maybe, her other series are better, but I'm not interested in. It made me angry again. Aaaargh. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: