Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eye of horus
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I photo-copied (and enlarged) the wedjet off of a book from the library and made a stencil out of it. Where upon I laid it on my wall (stenciled) below an abstract picture of musicical instrument's and people playing them. It was cool. I have the golden picture of the pyramid (Louve's reflection) upon my fireplace now. And next to my computer monitor I have an abstract picture of Hathor in the pyramid's that i created and colored. Anceint Egypt she surround's me. I even annoint myself w/myrrh resin! Holy of Holy's!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Temrut
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sacred Eye is called "Udjat" in the Kemetic language, or at least the closest approximation we can translate. It is the symbol of the protective power of Netjer in Its Names of Heru (Horus), Ra or Shu, or in feminine aspect, Het-Hert (Hathor), Bast or Sekhmet.

In the most ancient Kemetic texts, the Sacred Eyes (two) are sometimes equated with the sun and moon, and are said to be the first emanations of the Creator. This particular Udjat depicts the Names of Netjer associated with the Two Lands of Kemet: Wadjet, the cobra of Lower Kemet; and Nekhebet, the vulture of Upper Kemet, wearing the respective crowns of the lands They protect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and it feel's so good! Wish I knew how to attach my art so I could share w/you guy's. Any suggestion's?
Temrut
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could load it to a website, assuming you have one available? Then you could simply offer the URL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know I did that at one time but I think I have deleted and will have to go back in and do again. I will give it a go when I have more time! Thank's!
nileqt87
Servant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wedjet actually means "blue" and horus' eye is always a blue eye.

isis (auset) is the goddess of fertility
osiris (auser) is the god of the underworld
horus the younger is the god that protects the pharaohs
seth is the god of infertility and impotence
anubis is the god of embalming

nepthys--

Quote:
She was the female counterpart of Seth. Isis, Osiris, Seth, Nepthys and Horus the Elder were the five siblings of Nut the sky goddess and Geb the earth god. They were brothers and sisters but the relationship between Isis and Osiris was one of pure love, the divine essence of love that existed even before their birth. There was no love between Seth and Nepthys. She did not follow the evil ways of her husband and upon the murder of Osiris, mourned with her sister Isis and helped her search for his body.

nepthys is seated between anubis and osiris

Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileqt87 wrote:
wedjet actually means "blue."

To my knowledge, Wadjet means browny-green - literally 'papyrus-coloured.'
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, hmm...that's weird. i just read a website (likely my problem) that said it meant blue.
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always take the internet with a pinch of salt - including this website. Lots of the stuff people say here (including things I say) isn't properly referenced, and can frequently turn out to be complete and utter rubbish. So always double-check. . . especially if the person marking is an expert!

When I was six or seven I gave in a school project about the local area, part of which showed a Church which I guessed (as I had never seen it before) had been bombed during the war. It turns out I was wrong. . . the teacher marking played the Organ there every weekend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pyramids All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: